Hnefatafl is an ancient Scandinavian board game whose variants were played all over medieval Europe before chess was even invented. In those so called Tafl games two different sized armies fight each other. The invading black army tries to capture the white king, while the defending white army tries to protect their king and help him escape.
Often also called the Game of the Vikings Hnefatafl tells many stories, like the Moskowites invasion of Sweden or the Viking hordes pillaging Britain. But no matter what the story is one thing always stays the same: The hunt for the king.
Even though the rules aren’t complicated the game offers fascinating strategies and rewards tactical play. Try to surround the enemy pieces, plan ahead, lay traps and force your opponent into surrender. Will you capture the king for gold and glory? Can the loyal guards hold back the invading forces and secure the flight of their king?
For offline and online play you can create your own custom variants — with over 200,000 different variants possible!
This game features:
– Variant “Hnefatafl”
– Variant “Hnefatafl – Copenhagen Rules”
– Variant “Hnefatafl – Historical Rules”
– Variant “Hnefatafl – Berserk Rules”
– Variant “Hnefatafl – Fetlar Rules”
– Variant “Sea Battle 11×11”
– Variant “Sea Battle 13×13”
– Variant “Tablut”
– Variant “Tablut – Historical Rules (“Saami”)”
– Variant “Foteviken Tablut”
– Variant “Ard Ri”
– Variant “Brandubh”
– Variant “Magpie”
– Variant “Tawlbwrdd”
– Variant “Coppergate 15×15”
– Variant “Alea Evengelii”
– Custom variants for offline and online play
– Offline play for two humans
– Offline play against various computer opponents
– Offline play with computer against computer
– Online play via Fellhuhn Gaming Service
– Ingame Chat for Online play
– Achievements via Fellhuhn Gaming Service
– Tutorial/Rules included
This app is supported by advertisement which can be disabled through a one-time purchase of IAP.
– Internet Access is required for the advertisements
– In-App-Billing/Purchase is required for the optional removal of advertisements
Follow us on:
– Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HnefataflGame/
– Twitter: https://twitter.com/FellhuhnDotCom
– Discord: https://discord.gg/dXMYNB8
Includes artwork created by Thomas Jacquin (http://www.thomasjacquin.com) which are part of the Tafl-Sets of Legend Board Games.
Multiple invites can now be declined in a row or accepted after a decline.
The match history will now also show which side was played as.
After logging out the match history button will now be removed.
A match can’t be left anymore while the game is submitting a move. This should prevent some out of sync problems.
Coppergate matches can be joined via the match browser again.
Online matches can now have their turns commented upon and rated by other players.
Game ID: com.fellhuhn.hnefatafl
Developer Philippe Schober
Uploaded February 11, 2021 21:46
Filesize 53.3 MB
Developer Philippe Schober
Uploaded October 12, 2020 03:38
Filesize 59.3 MB
Copyright© 2020 APKHen.com